Holiday maker came close to losing foot after having a tattoo abroad
Holiday maker, Susan Fraser, aged 54 from Irvine North Ayrshire came close to losing foot after having a tattoo abroad. The tattoo cost her what she thought was a bargain of £25. She had the tattoo etched into her right foot of a vine leaf design with hearts and stars. Susan had this tattoo done on the second day of her fortnight break in a studio. In the Green Nature Resort and Spa Hotel in Marmaris, Turkey.
Hours after having the tattoo, she began to struggle to walk. And was in some agonizing pain as her foot had become badly infected and swollen. She later returned to the tattooist where she was told that it was her problem and the tattooist constantly tried passing the blame and accusing her of being in salt water, wearing the wrong footwear, ect.
The moment that Susan and her partner landed home in Glasgow Airport, she was rushed into Crosshouse hospital in Kilmarnock, Ayrshire where the doctors spent the next month trying to save her foot, even debated whether to amputate her foot after three different intravenous antibiotics courses failed to fight the deep-set infection. Luckily the fourth antibiotic course worked and surgeons managed to save the foot without the need for a skin graft.
Let this be a reminder to anyone who is planning to get a tattoo, don’t rush into it and make sure you know who your getting it from. Do your research before getting a tattoo done.