Wrecking Balm Review
Are you thinking of getting rid of that tattoo you just can’t stand anymore? Well Doc Wilson’s Wrecking Balm may just be your way of getting rid of that unwanted tattoo. Tattoo removal creams are the cheaper option for handling that unwanted ink than some other procedures, such as laser or light treatments. Wrecking Balm is one of the cheapest tattoo-removal methods on the market. Wrecking Balm is an at-home tattoo removal system that promises to fade (but not eliminate) a tattoo. Without the pain and scarring of laser or light treatments.
How does wrecking balm work?
Wrecking Balm promises to be “devastatingly effective” at fading unwanted tattoos. It gently removes the upper layers of the skin. Bringing the tattoo ink closer to the surface so that it can be removed gradually. Wrecking Balm works safely at breaking up the tattoo ink pigments and speeding up the removal of these cells, it breaks up the ink-injected skin cells and spurs the growth of new skin cells to replace them. Skin cells renew themselves in cycles taking up to four to six weeks. This natural regeneration is really important because the ink slowly works its way to the surface and can be removed. It is safe to use on all skin tones. And it is meant to be used on tattoos that are older than six months.
The manufacturers state that it can take up to six months to completely fade the tattoo. But the speed and effectiveness of Wrecking Balm all depends on several variables, such as the age of your tattoo, the type of ink used, the depth it was injected too, and the shade of colour. As lighter ink tends to fade fairly quicker, while darker and deeper inks usually takes a bit longer.
For the best results, use every other day (so three times a week). And you should see a significant difference within 6 months of using it.
What does Wrecking Balm include?
- One Demomatic Microdermabrasion applicator
- One Erosion Head
- One Suffusion Gel (59ml)
- One Demo-Brasion spray
- One Hydravescent cream (56.7g)
- One branding butter concealer (5.7g)
- Two AA Batteries.
How to apply Wrecking Balm?
The best way to see if Wrecking Balm is working for you is to take pictures each week from the beginning to see your progress and how effective it’s working on your skin. Always check the label to make sure you’re not allergic or have sensitive skin to any of the ingredients inside of Wrecking Balm. If you’re unsure about using Wrecking Balm, speak to a dermatologist first to ask their opinion and advice.
Step 1: Read the instructions that come with your Wrecking Balm carefully. You will want to use Wrecking Balm in the bathroom. Or somewhere with a sink because you will be rinsing your skin between each step. Also have a timer on hand to keep a close eye on the recommended times for each step.
Step 2: AA batteries come included when purchasing Wrecking Balm. Therefore you will need to put the batteries in the FDA approved hand-held Demomatic Microdermabrasion applicator (the DemoMatic) and then place a new head onto the device.
Step 3: Use lukewarm water and soap to wash and rinse the tattoo area. And then dip the DemoMatic head into the Suffsion gel and gently rotate the motorized DemoMatic device over your tattoo for approximately 45 seconds.
Step 4: Rinse the area you have just worked on with lukewarm water and then pat your skin dry gently with a towel. Next you need to apply the Demo-Brasion spray to the area once dry and leave it on for approximately 90 seconds. You may experience a slight tingling sensation while the Demo-Brasion spray gets to work.
Step 5: Again rinse the area you have just worked on with lukewarm water and pat dry gently with a towel. Once dry, apply the Hydravescent cream over your tattoo which should help soothe the skin as well as help fade your tattoo.
Step 6: Finally, you will need to use the Branding Butter concealer to hide your tattoo while the Wrecking Balm works its magic. Please repeat every other day (3 times a week), until satisfied with the results. Remember you need to be patient. The tattoo fading process is a long process and can take many months to see the result you’re hoping for.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Wrecking Balm
- Fades them unwanted tattoos.
- Wrecking Balm treatment cream does not visibly scar the treated areas of the skin. Meaning that you should not be left with any scars after using this product.
- Wrecking Balm is cheaper than other procedures, for example it only costs a fraction of laser tattoo removal.
- Time-Saving as it only takes nine minutes per week to apply Wrecking Balm. And unlike other tattoo removal creams such as Tat B Gone, you don’t have to apply it every day.
- Less painful than other procedures such as laser removal.
- Designed for all skin types
- Available from drugstores, retail stores, online and pharmacies. Without the need of a prescription and accompanying medication.
- Wrecking Balm cannot completely remove the tattoo from your skin; it will only fade the tattoo to the point where it will be barely visible.
- No guaranteed results
- It may take up to six months to see any significant difference to the fading of your tattoo.
- Can cause skin irritation and strings when applying Wrecking Balm.
- The degree of which the tattoo will fade depends on the age, depth of the tattoo on the skin and the kind of ink used. Therefore you may not get the result you wanted.
My best advice to anyone wanting to use tattoo removal creams. Is to do your research into the different types of removal creams. Before choosing the one best for you, compare them to see which is best. Also ask other people’s opinions and views of people you know. Or write on forums to see what other people think and see what has worked for them. Removal creams do not work for everyone. So you may not get the result you hoped for. Click here to buy from Amazon.